SMTP Server setup
You can run an SMTP Server using microsoft's built in SMTP server.
- Under server manager, Roles, install the Web Server IIS Role, and within that install:
- "ODBC Logging Module" (this is required for any kind of logging even text files)
- IIS 6 Management Console
- Under server manager, Features, install the SMTP Server feature
Go into IIS6 in order to manage it.
- Click Properties and check "Enable Logging".
- Set IP address to (All unassigned)
- In the Access tab
- Click Authentication... button. Tick Anonymous access, untick others
- Click Connection... button. Check Only the list below. Add server IP & localhost (127.0.0.1)
- Click Relay... button. Check Only the list below. Add server IP & localhost (127.0.0.1)
- Click "Start" to start it if it is stopped.
Leave a Comment